Hurrah! You found my secret storehouse of writing. I created this site so my readers could check out some of my writing in an easy to read format--in contrast to my website and blog, which both have a black background. I will continually be adding more deleted scenes and short stories to this site, so now that you've found you're way here, feel free to stop back!
To me, writing books is like sewing. You can always rip out a seam and start over. You can change the pattern, change the fabric, embellish it as much or as little as you like. Because of this, the end result is often quite different than what I had in mind when I started out. I delete scenes, I change POVs and I get rid of characters. All. The. Time.
I thought it might be fun to show you some of the deleted scenes, along with some chapter excerpts from the final books.
The list of scenes, excerpts, short stories, essays and guest blog posts is below. Thanks so much for stopping by. Now, take your time and browse through the pages.
CHAPTER EXCERPTS FROM COMPLETED BOOKS:
• AFTERLIFE: First Chapter Excerpt
• FEAST: First Chapter Excerpt
• FEAST: Hunting Scene
• Chasing Spring-Heeled Jack: Starring characters from AFTERLIFE
• Sentimental Endings
• The Price of Freedom
• Heads or Tails
• The Day Everything Changed
• Philip K. Dick Meets Sue Monk Kidd
• Kaleidoscope Kiss
GUEST BLOG POSTS:
• The Intersection of Faith, Science and the Supernatural
• Where Do Story Ideas Come From?
• Organic World Building, Or Avoiding The Stereotypical Speculative Fiction Wormhole
• The Afterlife Evolution
• The Quest for Immortality
• The Quest for Immortality (different article than the one listed above)
PRE-ORDER FEAST HERE: Amazon l Barnes and Noble l Borders l Mysterious Galaxy l Laguna Beach Books l Vroman's Bookstore l Indie Bound Books l Or at your favorite local bookstore.
PURCHASE AFTERLIFE HERE: Amazon l Barnes & Noble l Borders l Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore l Laguna Beach Books l Vroman's Bookstore l Indie Bound l Or at your favorite local bookstore.